The Freundeskreis Habakuk supports the Skulpturenmuseum Glaskasten financially and ideally. In particular, help for the museum's exhibition activities, for publications and the purchase of works of art for the collection are among the funding priorities.
The non-profit association Freundeskreis Habakuk zur Förderung des Skulpturenmuseums Glaskasten was founded in 1993. The name is based on the sculpture by Max Ernst from 1934, which is part of the museum's collection and was the first sculpture to be acquired by the Freundeskreis Habakuk. Today the association has around 60 members.
The Freundeskreis Habakuk aims to promote the sculpture museum with commitment and imagination in all its matters and to maintain, support and expand the unique position of the museum in Germany.
Main work of the association are
- co-financing acquisitions of works of art
- subsidies for exhibitions and invitations
- funds catalogues
- donating art works or loaning them
- offering financial assistance for the transport and repair of works of art
- support for openings and events of the museum
- help in finding sponsors and grant providers
- bringing in new impulses by cultivating contacts
Especially for the upcoming move to the new cultural center Marschall 66, the Freundeskreis Habakuk is accompanying the museum with ideas, financial and conceptual support.
In the past almost three decades, the Freundeskreis Habakuk has made a significant contribution through the commitment of its members to the fact that the Skulpturenmuseum Glaskasten Marl can present itself today as a nationally significant and internationally known institution.
The members of the Freundeskreis Habakuk come not only from Marl, but also from many towns and communities in the area, which gives the association additional impetus.
In addition to the opportunity to support and participate in the further development of the museum, as a member you have the following advantages:
- Invitation to all events of the friends' association as well as to the previews of the museum's exhibitions
- Participation in organized trips to nationally important events in the visual arts and to art-historically significant sites
- Guided day trips to studios, galleries and special art experiences in the area
- Encounters and conversations with artists and gallery owners
- Advice on all questions relating to the fine arts
Join us and take part in the active art scene - we look forward to seeing you!
c/o Skulpturenmuseum Glaskasten Marl
Chairman: Ulrich Noetzlin
Sparkasse Vest Recklinghausen
IBAN: DE73 4265 0150 0060 0502 75